Employee BenefitsSTP provides a full suite of valuable benefits to employees. Our benefit plans are designed to support the health and welfare of our employees and their families. From comprehensive healthcare to remote work opportunities, STP is proud to offer benefits that work for you.
You have a choice of three high-value comprehensive UnitedHealthcare medical plans. Each plan provides nationwide coverage, prescription drug coverage, and dental and vision benefits for minor dependents up to age 19. You can choose from one platinum option or two gold plans. One plan has health savings account (HSA) compatibility, and none of the three plans require you to choose a primary care physician (PCP) or get referrals to see a specialist.
When we choose benefits, we keep your bottom line in mind. We make sure out of pocket maximums work in our employees’ favor. We don’t want you saddled with a $25,000 hospital bill if you need an appendectomy. We are thoughtful about plan design because we know it matters to our employees and their families and we know there are real consequences if you’re not adequately covered.
Additional Plan Highlights
- All three plans provide coverage if you need to go out of the network.
- All three plans offer up to 30 chiropractic visits per year.
- Preventive care is covered 100% in network – all plans, all coverage tiers.
- You’ll pay less by using freestanding (not in a hospital) centers for services like MRIs and x-rays.
- The platinum plan features a super-low deductible and $15 office visits. A great option for those who want to know exactly what they’ll be spending for health care.
- For the gold HSA plan there is no co-payment or co-insurance for in network benefits once you meet the plan deductible. The deductibles are reasonable and the out of pocket max won’t break the bank. Don’t forget, HSAs have a triple tax advantage. You contribute tax-free, grow your savings tax-free, and make tax-free withdrawals for qualified medical expenses. You choose the bank and you control the account.
- Get care when you want it! Choose from three virtual visit platforms to connect with one of thousands of board-certified doctors - 24/7 - by phone or video. Virtual visits can be ideal for things like a sinus infection, allergies, or a medication refill.
We offer a PPO dental plan with UnitedHealthcare featuring no annual deductible for preventive and diagnostic services. Not bad when many of us only go to the dentist for biannual cleanings. For individual coverage there is a $50 annual deductible for basic and major dental services, like simple extractions and crowns.
We offer a vision plan with UnitedHealthcare with annual allowances for eye exams, lenses, and frames. Annual eye exams by in network providers have a $10 co-pay and a $25 materials co-pay for eyeglass lenses/eyeglass frames or contact lenses. This is a low-cost benefit with great features for basic vision health.
We provide high-quality financial benefits to support our employees with income security and retirement savings, peace of mind is priceless.
- Competitive, market-based compensation.
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance provided by United of Omaha. Disability benefits provide security when you need it in case you are hurt or become ill and can’t work for an extended period of time. Our plan also offers a hearing discount program through Amplifon for money-saving offers on hearing aids and batteries.
- Company paid group term life insurance and AD&D provided by Lincoln Financial Group. Our life insurance plan includes LifeKeys® services, which provide access to counseling, financial and legal support and TravelConnect℠services, which give you and your family access to emergency medical assistance when you’re on a trip 100+ miles away from home.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with up to a 4% employer match and over 30 diversified Vanguard funds to choose from. Employee contributions and the employer match are vested immediately. Rollovers from qualified retirement plans are welcome and our plan allows pre-tax and ROTH contributions.
Time Away From Work
Work-life balance is important, especially when working in a dynamic and fast-paced industry. To help you re-charge and re-connect with family and friends, we provide a generous PTO policy and other time-off benefits. We know you have a life outside of work, don’t worry, we’ll be here when you get back!
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- The number of days you receive increases with tenure. Use PTO for vacation, personal time, or illness, it’s your time, use it the way you’d like.
- In case you aren’t able to use all of your PTO during the year, we provide a 56-hour carryover allowance.
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
Work From Home
No more energy draining, resource depleting commute! Wherever and whenever possible, STP provides a remote work option for employees. We believe that you are far happier and more productive when you are not spending hours each week commuting, searching for parking, paying tolls, and suffering through gridlock.
For benefit eligibility, summaries, exclusions and limitations of the plans and benefits listed, please request more information. You can email us at HR@stpfederal.com.